Population and Markets
- South Central Ontario Region is comprised of five counties and 28 local municipalities
- Brant, Bayham, Middlesex, Norfolk and Oxford Counties
- Is home to 490,000+ residents
- 30% lower corporate tax rate than U.S. average
- 50% lower employer health care costs
- Exchange on Canadian dollar contributes up to 25% added cost advantage
- 234 km of Lake Erie Shoreline
- Among the mildest climates in Canada
Resources and Education
- The region is home to diverse primary crop production. The area has grown strong
agriculture and food opportunities.
- The area is also home to many types of advanced manufacturing.
- We have a strong network of post-secondary institutions in our borders and nearby
Communities and Living
- About 80% of the population lives in urban centres with populations between 30,000
and 300,000. The remaining 20% live in beautiful historic rural towns and villages.
- About 65% of the adult population has some college or university education.
- Transportation is well served by road networks with 3 major highways that move
people and freight across the Province as well as into the US markets
- The region is served by two trans-continental railway systems serving Canada with
inter-connections to the US market