The FCC AgriSpirit Fund is about enhancing rural communities. If your organization is raising money for a capital project (construction of or upgrades to a hospital, medical centre, childcare facility, rink, sportsplex, etc., purchase of fire and rescue equipment) and your city or town has less than 150,000 people, your project may qualify for a donation between $5,000 and $25,000.
The sustainable use of resources contributes to successful community development. Does your project enhance the lives of residents or contribute to sustainability in your community? Examples include upgrades to heating and cooling systems in a community building, installing new windows in a rec centre or purchasing capital items for a recycling facility. If so, we encourage you to apply.
For more information, check out FCC AgriSpirit Fund successful past projects.
Applications are open March 1 to 29, 2019.
- Charities registered with the Canada Revenue Agency
- Non-profit organizations capable of partnering with a municipal body, territorial or provincial government. The municipal body must also agree to receive contributed money and issue a receipt.
- A municipal body (town, city under 150,000 people, rural municipality or First Nations band)
Your project must:
- Be located in a rural community with a population of fewer than 150,000
- Recognize FCC’s contribution
- Be completed within two years of receiving funding
- Be a capital project (equipment, building funds)
- Only online applications will be evaluated
- Your organization/program isn’t eligible if it’s received support from the FCC AgriSpirit Fund in the past four years
- Preference may be given to projects that contribute to sustainability in communities
- FCC employees and their immediate family members are not eligible for the FCC AgriSpirit Fund
- If your organization is selected, you’ll need to sign a letter of agreement with FCC and show documentation of project completion
For more information visit: https://www.fcc-fac.ca/en/in-your-community/giving-back/fcc-agrispirit-fund.html