FAQ 3: Need Funding?
Funding from a variety of sources may be available to support your business needs. This funding can be in the form of loans, loan guarantees, equity investments, amongst others. In addition to funding which may be available from private sector banks and financial institutions, funding is also available through programs delivered by SCOR and its community partners, as well as other levels of government.
Do you have a Business Plan?
You must prepare a Business Plan outlining your proposed business venture, resources required and expected financial returns before applying for funding. Lenders require that you provide them with your Business Plan before they will consider your application for funding. Just click on Business Planning Assistance for further information.
Funding to help you start or grow your business is provided through services and programs administered by the following organizations through their offices in SCOR:
- SCOR Economic Development Office
(The SCOR office does not offer direct financial assistance but can provide information on available funding programs)
- The Sand Plains Community Development Fund
- The Community Futures Development Corporation offices
- The Business Development Bank of Canada offices
- Farm Credit Canada office
- Canada Business Ontario Service Centres (COBSC)
(COBSCs do not offer direct financial assistance but provide information on loan, grant and business incentive programs offered by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada.)
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
- National Angel Capital Association
For further information on other Entrepreneur Support Services go to: