Since 2018, the Climate Action Fund has awarded $3 million to support innovative ideas. The objective of projects funded under the program is to raise awareness of climate change and to build capacity in order to increase climate actions that contribute to Canada’s clean growth and climate change plan (the Pan-Canadian Framework on Clean Growth and Climate Change).
The following categories of recipient are eligible to apply:
- Full-time Canadian students
- Canadian youth between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive)
- Indigenous peoples and organizations
- Small- and medium-sized Canadian businesses with less than 500 employees
- Canadian research, academic, and educational institutions
- Canadian non-profit and non-government organizations
The maximum Climate Action Fund contribution per project is $250,000. The only exception is for small- and medium-sized businesses, where the maximum is $200,000.
Eligible project period
Only projects with a start and end date in the Government of Canada’s current fiscal year will be considered eligible (i.e., as of the date of notification of project approval, up to March 31, 2020).
Eligible project activities
Project activities must directly target, involve and result in benefits for one or more of the target groups.
The target groups designated under the Climate Action Fund are students, youth, Indigenous peoples and organizations, and small- and medium-sized businesses.
Eligible activities include developing and disseminating educational and/or training tools; outreach and capacity building; and supporting networks and partnerships.
Your project must address the program’s objective to raise awareness of climate change and build capacity in climate actions that contribute to Canada’s clean growth and climate change plan.
Your project must lead to the desired outcome of increasing awareness of climate change and capacity for climate action among students, youth, Indigenous peoples and organizations, and/or small- and medium-sized businesses.
- April 29, 2019: open for application
- May 13, 2019: deadline for application is 6PM (PST)
- June 2019: expected funding decisions
To learn more click here!