The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (the Partnership) is a five-year commitment by Canada’s federal, provincial and territorial governments that will support Canada’s agri-food and agri-products sectors.
Strategic initiatives including cost-share funding support projects in the following key priority areas, with research and innovation continuing to be a focus across all programming:
- Economic development in the agri-food and agri-products sectors.
- Environmental stewardship to enhance water quality and soil health.
- The Partnership includes a targeted effort under environmental stewardship – the Lake Erie Agriculture Demonstrating Sustainability (LEADS) sub-program – that targets phosphorus reduction within Ontario’s Lake Erie watershed.
Protection and assurance to reinforce the foundation for public trust in the sector through improved assurance systems in food safety and plant and animal health.
The Partnership programming is flexible and provides opportunities to address emerging priorities and challenges faced by our agri-food sector.
Who can apply?
The new programming will encourage interest from outside the agri-food sector to participate on broad-impact projects that will benefit from different kinds of expertise. It’s expected such projects will see new partners engaged to further drive innovation in areas such as advanced manufacturing and the greater use of data available to the sector.
Individual farmers continue to have access to cost-share funding through the dedicated funding stream for Farmers and Other Businesses (plant health projects) under the Partnership.
All program details including the program guide and application forms will be available online in August 2019.
Future opportunities to apply for cost-share funding for the Place to Grow: Agri-Food Innovation Initiative include:
- January 6 to January 27, 2020 at 5 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
- September 8 to September 29, 2020 at 5p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
- January 4 to January 25, 2021 at 5p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
- September 7 to September 28, 2021 at 5 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
OMAFRA will administer cost-share funding for the Place to Grow program.
Place to Grow: Agri-food Innovation Initiative
Eligible applicants can apply for cost-share funding from August 15 to September 27, 2019 at 5 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
Click the link below to stay up to date with the latest funding incentives and programs: https://lp.constantcontact.com/su/Y9ARp7T