The Accessible Technology Program will co-fund innovative projects led by the private sector, not-for-profit organizations and research institutes to develop new assistive and adaptive digital devices and technologies in order to make it easier for Canadians with disabilities to more fully participate in the digital economy.
To qualify for funding your organization must be a Canadian legal entity, including for-profit organizations, not-for-profit organizations, and research institutes*.
Your funding proposal must also clearly demonstrate that:
- Your proposed initiative meets the objectives of the program in terms of target audience and content;
- With program funding, your organization will have the resource capacity and expertise, either internally or through partnerships, to successfully deliver the proposed initiative; and
- You can deliver the proposed initiative within the program timeframe.
Eligible costs are those costs that are directly related to the proposal and which respect all conditions and limitations of the program and that will be eligible to be claimed as set out in the Contribution Agreement (CA) if the proposal is approved for funding.
Eligible costs include:
- Administrative operating costs (including salary and wages, incremental administration and accounting expenses) limited to no more than ten percent (10%) of total project funding;
- Direct costs related to training and professional development;
- Expenditures related to purchase of computer equipment and parts, required software, rental of accommodation and equipment; and
- Goods and services expenditures to support environmental protection, workplace health and safety, security and communications.
How to apply
To request that an Application Package be sent to you by email, please submit your name and contact information below. We will then contact you to provide you with and application package.
The deadlines to submit an applications is by 11:59:59 p.m. PST on the dates indicated below:
- June 2, 2019 to receive funding starting in late 2019-20
- January 2, 2020 to receive funding starting in early 2020-21
- June 2, 2020 to receive funding starting in late 2020-21
- January 2, 2021 to receive funding starting in early 2021-22
- June 2, 2021 to receive funding starting in late 2021-22
To find out click here!